Kath Eats Real Food (KERF) is a popular blog and social media platform founded by Kath Younger, a registered dietitian and mom of two from Charlottesville, Virginia. KERF is dedicated to helping people eat real food, which Younger defines as food that is “unprocessed or minimally processed and as close to its natural form as possible.” She believes that eating a diet of real food is the best way to achieve optimal health and well-being.
Younger’s blog and social media accounts feature a variety of content related to real food, including recipes, meal ideas, nutrition tips, and lifestyle advice. She also offers a number of paid products and services, such as meal plans, e-books, and online courses.
KERF has become a popular resource for Foodtips.ca/ people who are interested in eating healthier and living a more balanced lifestyle. Younger’s approach to real food is both realistic and sustainable, and her recipes are delicious and easy to follow. She also emphasizes the importance of enjoying food and eating mindfully.
Here are some of the key principles of Kath Eats Real Food:
- Focus on whole foods. Whole foods are unprocessed or minimally processed foods that are as close to their natural form as possible. Examples of whole foods include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds.
- Limit processed foods. Processed foods are foods that have been altered from their natural state through processes such as milling, refining, preserving, or adding artificial ingredients. Examples of processed foods include white bread, pasta, cereal, sugary drinks, and packaged snacks.
- Cook more meals at home. Cooking at home gives you more control over the ingredients in your food. It also allows you to be more creative and experiment with different flavors and recipes.
- Eat mindfully. Mindful eating is the practice of paying attention to your food and your body while you eat. This includes noticing your hunger and fullness cues, savoring the taste of your food, and avoiding distractions.
If you are interested in eating healthier and living a more balanced lifestyle, Kath Eats Real Food is a great resource. Younger’s blog and social media accounts are full of helpful information and delicious recipes. She also offers a number of paid products and services that can help you reach your health and wellness goals.
Kath Eats Real Food Recipes
Here are a few examples of Kath Eats Real Food recipes:
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with berries and nuts, chia pudding, yogurt parfait with fruit and granola, eggs with whole-wheat toast and avocado
- Lunch: Salad with grilled chicken or fish, soup and sandwich on whole-wheat bread, quinoa bowl with vegetables and tofu
- Dinner: Salmon with roasted vegetables, chicken stir-fry with brown rice, lentil soup with whole-wheat bread
- Snacks: Fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs
These are just a few examples, and there are many other delicious and healthy recipes available on the Kath Eats Real Food website and social media accounts.
Kath Eats Real Food Community
KERF has a large and active online community. People from all over the world use Younger’s blog and social media accounts to learn about real food, share recipes, and support each other on their journey to healthier living.