The Georgia Secretary of State’s Office maintains a database of all businesses registered in the state. This database can be searched by name, business number, or type of entity.
To search for a business in Georgia, you can visit the Secretary of State’s website at Click on the “Corporations Division” tab and then select Homeworkrecords.net/
On the business search page, you will need to select the type of business you are looking for. You can choose from the following options:
- Domestic corporation
- Foreign corporation
- Limited liability company (LLC)
- Limited partnership (LP)
- General partnership (GP)
- Nonprofit corporation
- Professional corporation (PC)
Once you have selected the type of business, you can enter the name or business number of the business you are looking for. You can also search by the county where the business is located.
The search results will display the following information for the business:
- Business number
- Date of formation
- Type of entity
- Principal office address
- Registered agent
You can also order a certificate of existence for the business by clicking on the “Order Certificate of Existence” link.
The Georgia Secretary of State business search is a free service that can be used by anyone to find information about businesses registered in the state. This information can be useful for a variety of purposes, such as:
- Verifying the existence of a business
- Finding the contact information for a business
- Determining the legal status of a business
- Researching a potential business partner
If you are looking for information about a business in Georgia, the Secretary of State business search is a great place to start.
Here are some additional tips for using the Georgia Secretary of State business search:
- Be sure to spell the business name correctly. Even a single typo can prevent you from finding the business you are looking for.
- If you are not sure of the business number, you can try searching by name instead.
- If you are still having trouble finding the business you are looking for, you can contact the Secretary of State’s Office for assistance.